REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (“RFP”)
FOR CONSTRUCTION ADMNISTRATION AND INSPECTION SERVICES
JEF-CR53-1.46 BRIDGE REPLACEMENT
Reference: Jefferson County Road 53, Bergholz-New Somerset Road, Milepost 1.46 over Yellow Creek in Ross Township
PID No. 102985
The Jefferson County Engineer’s Office (“County”) is issuing a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to select a qualified firm to provide the professional construction engineering services that are necessary to perform construction administration and inspection services for the JEF-CR53-1.46 Bridge Replacement. Probable Construction Cost: $2,397,150.
Any firm interested in submitting a Letter of Interest (“LOI”) to respond to the RFP is invited to do so by 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), on February 28, 2020. LOI’s should include general information as to why the Firm believes it is qualified to perform the services required for a project of this type.
One (1) original and one (1) copy of the LOI are to be sent to:
Jefferson County Engineer’s Office
598 State Route 43
Steubenville, OH 43952
LETTER OF INTEREST CONTENT
(Not to exceed ten (10) pages, excluding the cover page/letter)
- List significant subconsultants, their categories of service and the percentage of work to be performed by each proposed subconsultant.
- List the Project Manager and other key staff members including key subconsultant staff. Address the experience of the key staff members on similar projects. Provide only the résumé of the proposed Project Manager.
- Provide references from three (3) governmental organizations for similar projects for construction administration/inspection services completed in the past five (5) years. For each reference/project listed, provide a contact name and phone number.
- Describe the capacity of your firm’s staff and its ability to perform the work in a timely manner relative to present workload and the availability of assigned staff.
- Provide a description of your Project approach, not to exceed two (2) pages. Confirm the firm’s proposed technical approach, cost containment practices, innovative ideas for this type of project and any other relevant information concerning your firm’s qualifications to perform the services contemplated.
CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION AND INSPECTION
The Selected Firm is to provide services for administering and inspecting construction operations and for executing duties and responsibilities if so designated by the County.
Construction services are to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Providing a professionally qualified field organization satisfactory to the County to observe, inspect and assist in the coordination of the various phases of the construction.
- Serving as a liaison and coordinating agency between the County, the construction contractor(s) working on the Project, the Testing Laboratory, interested public and private entities and utility owners.
- Attending and participating in pre-construction and other conferences as requested by the County.
- Observing, coordinating and inspecting Project construction at all times when the construction contractor is on site.
- Preparing daily inspection reports and maintaining detailed Resident Inspector’s diaries for each person assigned to the construction project.
- Maintaining a file of correspondence, telephone conversations and other written documentation concerning construction project activities and authorized design revisions.
- Reviewing construction contractor payment requests and comparing quantities shown with the summation of quantities noted in the daily inspection reports and with unit prices as included in the contract. Reviewing and commenting on construction progress schedule updates included in the payment requests, and recommending County action on each payment request.
- Preparing change orders and other similar items in accordance with County regulations to properly document changed conditions or modified construction activities.
- Providing negotiation assistance on any construction contractor’s claims and recommending action on the resolution of claims.
- Reviewing the Contractor’s fabrication Plans, material and products submittals and brochures and shop drawing submittals. Advising the County on the acceptability of such submittals.
- Conducting progress meetings as required in coordinating all parties involved in the construction project and maintaining scheduled progress.
- Certifying the accuracy of the final payment quantities and estimate.